Outsider Dad's Coffee Cream Liqueur

Sometimes art is not art without a little liquid liqueur to go with the froideur of arms and legs and paint and canvas.
This is my Outsider Dad's special recipe. My dad is not a traditional artist, but he knows how to rock a party. He makes all his drinks very strong. Here is the top section of his drinks cabinet (plus books):
And that's only some of it. My dad has various potions he experiments with and one is his Coffee Cream Liqueur. As winter approaches, and all the squirrels die in tiny tins, I propose that you warm your cockles with this recipe. Unlike wine or beer, it needs no time to ferment its magic booze and can be drunk immediately. It lasts for about a decade and can be given to babies*.

*Not true.


The recipe:

1 tin of evaporated milk
1 tin of condensed milk
half a pint of whisky
half a pint of strong coffee
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of almond essence  - (these are my Dad's own additions - "maybe not necessary" he says but I would disagree)


Try it, let me know. How does it smell? How does it taste? What colour is Tuesday? If you do share, then one day I may recount the day I drove a cat in a car through North London while he sat on the dashboard. Even though that particular story has got nothing directly to do with my Dad.
Thanking as ever, yours and the art world.

Images copyright: Sian Superman. Please do not use without permission. Powered by Blogger.