Low - Now Square And A Bit Bigger

Hello. Time was, about two months ago, Raw Art had a shop as part of Grrrr! We miss that bloody shop, we do. We miss the people strolling in, having a chat, almost buying a "Failure" pencil and then not. We miss being surrounded by the art. We miss our lovely artists, the light of NW5 as day faded into night, stopping by the Gipsy Queen on the way home for a quick pint.... Raw Art misses having a shop. WE REALLY MISS THE SHOP. Just thought I'd put it out there. WE MISS IT.

Sorry.

Anyway, onto matters more urgent and pressing. And first person. I've been looking at the postcard-sized Low for a few months now, it's sitting in the Raw Art Towers kitchen. And it socked me in the jaw - why the hell is not square? And slightly bigger? I've not done that much David art since January – you may be aware there was a lot more of it before. Felt too trite, too icky, too maudlin. But, listening to the albums over the months I still come back to Low. One of my favourites. Perhaps the favourite? I don't know. Bit bleaky-bleak-bleak at points but it's 2016 – man – so it fits.

I've made a new Low painting for this season, and it's 20 x 20 cm now, and I hope that it makes sense.





If you would like one of these they are painted as multiples and limited to twenty. Only £60 including the P&P. Acrylics on canvas board. Expect some biscuits on a similar theme in the next few weeks. Maybe.

If you would like a Low mug we still have a few left.

16 September 2016
Images copyright: Sian Superman. Please do not use without permission. Powered by Blogger.